Running Spigot on a Raspberry Pi 3
17 March 2016
Spigot runs acceptably well for 3-4 players on a
Raspberry Pi 3
running Raspbian Jessie.
Installation is very straightfoward:
- A stock Raspberry Pi 3 with correctly rated power supply.
- A micro-SD of at least 16G capacity.
- Follow the linked instructions to download and build spigot.
You are on a Linux platform, use those instructions on the linked page. This operation will take quite a long time, but be patient.
- Run spigot.
- Once spigot has created its fileset and is at the prompt, stop it with the "halt" command.
- Perform some basic lag reduction on assorted configuration files.
- Consider downloading and installing a lag-reduction plugin such as ClearLagg.
- Restart spigot.
That's it! Thanks to all the developers that did the hard work to make this so easy!